No one knows your accounts better than you. Monitoring your account activity is one of the best ways to help protect yourself against fraud.
- Review your account information - Sign on at least once a week and review your account information. If you notice any changes to your account that you didn't make, contact us immediately.
- Reassess who has account access - Regularly review who has access to your account to ensure any authorized users are current. This is especially important for business accounts. For business accounts, do not forget to contact us immediately to remove online access for employees that have terminated employment or transitioned to a position that no longer requires access.
- Look over your transactions - Review your bank and credit card unbilled transactions regularly to make sure these only reflect transactions you have made. If you spot a problem, call us immediately.
- Set up account alerts - Get alerts delivered to your e-mail address so you can stay updated on your account activity.
- Check your credit report regularly - Make sure all the accounts listed are ones you've created, so you can minimize the damage to your credit score. For a copy of your credit report, contact one of the three major credit reporting agencies: